Santa Clara, CA
May 18-20, 2019
Friday, May 17, 2019
Behavior & Training • Law Enforcement & Field Services • Shelter Medicine • Sheltering & Outreach
The three-day conference, which features 2 exceptional pre-conference workshops, 4 tracks, 25+ sessions, over 50 knowledgeable speakers, and 2 days of exhibitors showcasing the latest industry products, gives you the opportunity to earn CE hours and network with your peers.
Animal control officers, humane officers, animal care attendants, behaviorists, humane educators, shelter directors, veterinarians, RVTS, customer service representatives, all law enforcement personnel, and other animal-sheltering professionals are encouraged to attend.
Madeline Bernstein Carol Novello Special Agent George Olivo
spcaLA, author, Designer Dogs HSSV, author, Mutual Rescue FBI Los Angeles
Two exceptional Pre-conference Workshops are available on Friday, May 17.
- Advanced Interview & Interrogation Techniques, features Special Agent George Olivo, FBI Los Angeles. Read more here!
- #AlltheCats Kitten Summit is a must-attend deep-dive into surviving Kitten Season from bottle babies to bottlenecks. (please note that this preconference workshop will take place at the Humane Society of Silicon Valley)
**separate fees apply for the pre-conference workshops
Here is what to expect from the 4 Exceptional Education Tracks:
Behavior & Training
Explore various approaches to behavior and training. The topics include understanding aggressive behaviors in domestic dogs, how to manage placement of marginal dogs, tactics to treat the entire animal with medical and behavior coordination, and enrichment strategies to improve the welfare of animals in shelters.
Law Enforcement & Field Services
Get an in-depth look into the complex work of criminal investigations. The topics and case study sessions are specifically designed for: Animal Cruelty Investigators, Humane Officers, Animal Control Officers, Prosecutors, Police/Sheriff Officers, Deputies and Detectives, as well as all Local, State, or Federal Agents/Officers responsible for investigating animal-related crimes.
Sheltering & Outreach
Gain an understanding of sheltering and outreach best practices. The topics include interaction with increasingly diverse communities, effective volunteer program management, digital reunification, methods to improve animal sheltering, and how to nurture and support animal welfare professionals.
Thank you to IDEXX for sponsoring this track!
Examine shelter medicine necessities. Topics include how to become a model ASV shelter, Shelter Outbreak Survival (SOS), review of the Veterinary Care Coalition Report, solutions for under-resources shelters, vet education, shelter dentistry, and more.
Thank you to Western University for sponsoring this track!
Sponsorships & Exhibitors
Only 10 Spots Left! Get Yours Today!
Here are some of the reasons to exhibit at ACC 2019:
- Your presence at ACC 2019 will place you among other companies and organizations dedicated to serving California’s animal-sheltering and veterinary community.
- Exhibiting provides a powerful face-to-face marketing medium, which allows greater depth in your communication with current and prospective customers and beneficiaries.
- Exhibiting is one of the most time-efficient and cost-effective marketing tools available.
SHELTER MEDICINE TRACK SPONSOR
SHELTERING & OUTREACH TRACK SPONSOR